Wet Process Engineer
ASC, the largest independent PCB manufacturer in the Midwest, is looking to expand our manufacturing controls and capabilities within our Process Engineering department. The person selected will be responsible for the process design, setup, operating parameters, and maintenance of three key areas—imaging, plating, etching--within the facility. This is an engineering function. No management of personnel required.
Qualified candidates must be able to organize their own functions to match the goals of the company.
- panel preparation, dry film lamination, exposure, development and the processes, equipment setup and maintenance programs
- automated (PAL line) electrolytic copper plating process and the equipment setup and maintenance programs
- both the cupric (acid) etching and the ammoniacal (alkaline) etching processes and the equipment setups and maintenance programs
- perform basic lab analysis and troubleshooting as required
- use measurement and analytical equipment as necessary
- work alongside managers, department supervisors and operators to cooperatively resolve issues
- effectively problem-solve
- manage multiple projects concurrently
- read and speak English
- communicate effectively/interface at every level of the organization
Reports to the Technical Director.
Degree in Engineering (BChE or I.E. preferred). Equivalent work experience considered. High school diploma required. Literate and functional with most common business software systems MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint are required. Microsoft Access and basics of statistics and SPC a plus.
Exertion of up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment and hand tools. Ability to stand for long periods.
This position is in a manufacturing setting with exposure to noise, dirt, and chemicals.